Sunday, March 30, 2014

Wow! It is way easier when you don't travel.

WRITE. Every day in March write a slice of life story on your own blog. SHARE. Link your post in the comments on each daily call for slice of life stories here at TWT. GIVE. Comment on at least three other slice of life stories/blogs.

I have made it! (Tomorrow I don't think about since I post my books for the month on the final Monday of each month, many slices of my days that have been spent reading this month.)

Random thoughts about this year's (successful) challenge.

This is the first year I haven't been traveling for at least part of the challenge and that makes it SO much easier. It is easier when you have your regular routine. It is easier to be on your own machine. (I live Live Writer as my platform for writing.) It is easier to be on a consistent time zone (even if that is on the other side of the planet from most of you).

This year I challenged myself to write about something that actually had to do with that day. I know that some people stockpile a bit. They still may be Slices, but not necessarily Slices from THAT day. In some ways it was more challenging, as I couldn't go to standbys or pre-written ideas. In some ways it was easier because I only had to focus on what had happened since I got up that day, (though as I get older it is harder to remember those moments that, at the time I thought 'this would make a great Slice!')

I wrote in the evening, after my daughter had gone to bed. Again, both sides to this coin. There were times that I just wanted to go crawl in bed myself. The upside was that it was part of the routine, an expected part of the day.

An interesting note, I think my mother loves March more than any other month. (Well, she may argue that months that we are in the same zip code are pretty great.) March being her favorite has nothing to do with two family birthdays or two anniversaries (one of them being her own). She loves that I have taken on this challenge for the past several years. She loves 'hearing' from me each day and I know she laments the coming of April.

Lastly, I thank this community for the positive, uplifting spirit that everyone brings to the spirit of writing. Once the calendar turns to April, I know I will still 'see' most of you on Tuesdays.

2 comments:

  1. I'm delighted you joined us again this year, Kristi! Sounds like it was a fruitful month for you too.

    Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete