Friday, March 13, 2015

What a cake!

Write, Share, Give

I spoke briefly about Teachers’ Day in this post. In addition to the entire country taking a day off school my students brought me delicious dark chocolate (and a few other gifts, but that’s my favorite!)

School also throws a party for any teacher who wants to go. They have us RSVP and then find a venue to accommodate the number of people expected. This year it was a lovely time with good food, delightful company, open bar, and lots of dancing.

The celebrations didn’t end there. Today there was a catered luncheon for elementary teachers. Parents covered our classes while we ate at linen covered tables with fresh flowers and real china. The food was a range from Indian to Chicken Caesar Salad with huge slices of parmesan. The heavenly hour was capped off with this cake.

IMG_2445

I couldn’t make this stuff up.

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!! That is the funniest thing I have seen all week! You are so right. You couldn't make that up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, wow! How do you even respond to this, oh, I know, you cut it up and eat it! Laughing hysterically at this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Was this intentional? What an interesting way to commemorate teachers and all they do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. It's the thought that counts, right? Sounds like a great day! (WW Erin)

    ReplyDelete