Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tomorrow’s Friday, (as of last night)

Write, Share, Give

No, I haven’t gone off the deep end. (Though with my husband at rehearsals until late every night – for two different productions – anything is possible!) Having had 100 years to plan for this, the ministry just declared Friday to be a day of remembering the Armenian Genocide by closing schools across the country in commemoration.

I am thrilled for the atrocities of one hundred years ago to be acknowledged and some hope of healing and reconciliation for some communities. On top of that, the last minuteness doesn’t surprise me. What it does do is put my classroom into a tailspin.

Friday was already a day off for the elementary school as conferences are scheduled for that day. The conferences have now been moved to Thursday and the students have a four day weekend quickly approaching. They are more wound up than they were before Spring Break!

To be honest, I am having a hard time being geared up to teach today and tomorrow, though we are in the middle of units that I thoroughly enjoy. Unfortunately I am the ‘responsible adult’ in the room and have to keep us both focused and productive.

Wish me luck! (Especially tomorrow, “Friday”.)

No comments:

Post a Comment