Saturday, May 16, 2015

How did it get to be Saturday?

I had no intention of going dark this week. My calendar didn't even seem overly full, so how did it get to be Saturday?

If I had posted this week I would have told you about the following…

Monday - What Are You Reading?
Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher: The Epic Life and Immortal Photographs of Edward Curtis by Timothy Egan
It is truly an epic tale, 384 pages worth, but I am fascinated about this Seattle photographer I didn't know anything about. I think this title came to me from a group of ladies whom I would join in book club bliss, if I didn't live on the other side of the world.

Tuesday - Slice of Life
Since I couldn't manage to notice an entire week go by it is no wonder I couldn't capture a sliver of it. Oh my! Now to try and even remember what happened on Tuesday…

Perhaps we shall wait for next Tuesday. What do 'ya say?

Wednesday - Wordless Wednesday
And this is when I go to my phone and see what bits of life I have noticed and captures on film my camera.

IMG_3002

Thursday - Thankful Thursday
I continue to be thankful for this amazing weather, which you may be sick of hearing me talk about. However I hear 'back home' it is similarly beautiful, so perhaps a bit easier to swallow. The difference this week, instead of every.single.day being blue sky, sunny, and in the 70s we have had a couple of rain showers pass through. Still in the 70s and the rain drops are greatly appreciated by this Seattleite.

I am thankful for my daughter's piano teacher who can find the balance between being patient with a nearly six year old and realizing when the little one is stalling or being lazy and push her to excel.

 

Here we are, Saturday morning, while everyone else is still in bed. I woke up before the weekday alarm would have gone off. After attempting to read and roll over and go back to sleep I decided it was futile and I could see what I might accomplish before people are talking to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment