Thursday, February 18, 2016

Thankful Thursday



I am thankful for GoGirl. Don't know what I'm talking about? Check out the link for all the details. Quite simply, it is a small piece of pliable plastic that makes it possible for a female to have the same convenience of peeing standing up as a man. 

I have used a GoGirl for years camping with a bottle clearly labeled "DO NOT DRINK". It sure beats having to leave the tent in the middle of the night!

Now I have a new reason to love it. We are for a long adventure. We've been in the car for many hours. That morning's tea has more than run its course. The border guards are enjoying the intrigue of a group of white folk and every time we think they will leave another jeep pulls up. There are no buildings within at least 30 minutes jog. I have no problem squatting, but if these guys don't leave that isn't an option either.

The GoGirl, coupled with an abaya, standing facing into the truck with the back door open and the windows tinted black make it impossible for anyone walking around behind you to know that the plastic bottle you are holding is bringing much joy! Relief and thanksgiving fill me as I fill the bottle and then quietly dump the contents behind the back tire.

I am thankful to have this trick figured out and to know that I won't have to be that uncomfortable again. So, perhaps I am also thankful for an abaya!

No comments:

Post a Comment